Sunday, July 22, 2012

Authentique - July Color Challenge - Pieces of my heart

I do love a good challenge. Add Authentique into the mix and I'm there! This month's Color Challenge  was an extra stretch for me though. I only have two lines of their papers and a few of the 6x6 pads and extra goodies from 2 more. That's not a lot of options when you don't generally buy pink and two of four colors are pinks! 

The July Color Challenge

But I made it work in the end. I remembered that Stephanie, one of the girls who is also frequently a part of the Scrapbooksteals Facebook community, had posted a page using 6x6 pieces in a swirl, showing just part of each paper. Perfect since most of my pink and all of my green papers were in tiny size.

I inked up all the edges with Ranger Distress Inks, fussy cut out the doilies, slapped on the Prima ribbon, folded up some Imaginesce flowers into clusters and adhered them, then added some extra flair with $1 bin gemstones. It wasn't quite enough though. I kept feeling like something was missing and realized I'd forgotten a space for journaling (very important to me) so I created a border around the page with the text and it was just. right. Go back and say that again in the voice you use when reading Goldilocks and the Three Bears because that's how I felt about it. 

Not bad for someone who gravitates to blues...

Authentique Product List:
Free Bird Series One: Familiar
Free Bird Series One: Delight
Free Bird: Poised and Warmth
Gathering Foundations Bi-fold Solid
Uncommon Original
Splendid Icons and
Splendid Tabloids

Other Products:
Ranger Distress Ink, Walnut Stain
Prima ribbon
Imaginesce flowers
Michael's $1 bin gems
American Crafts Metallic Marker


Project Goal 100
To date: 18


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...