Monday, July 23, 2012

MWM Pearl 2 - Potato Cheese

This week's Scrapbooksteals.com Mid Week Mojo was by one of the design team, Katrina Hunt. I love this sketch! It's got a lot of fun potential but still a fairly clean sketch. 

For my interpretation I used pics of Squishy and American Crafts Campy Trails. The colors worked perfectly with his shirt, plus there were all those fab little banners that I could fussy cut instead of trying to make them on my own or pull out the Cameo. 

I did pull out a machine though - my sewing machine and stitched the banner into place. I also sewed on two other embelly pieces just to accent them a little bit. 

Also, really fun on this one is the addition of the DIY Thickers. Eek! How crazy fun. I used the new green Pop! beads. I love how they look but they kept flaking off and rolling all over my desk, which was ever so slightly annoying. To solve the problem for this page, I just coated them in glossy accents. So in the pic they look really solid and thick, but in person you can see the texture, but you can't get to the beads. Perfect. 

American Crafts Campy Trails
American Crafts DIY Thickers
American Crafts Pop! beads
Glitz Designs mini alphas
Blue Toothpicks
Sewing Machine, white thread
Ranger Distress Ink, fine china
October Afternoon All Aboard Sprinkler
Project Goal 100
To date: 19

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...