Monday, July 16, 2012

Homemade Monday: Counting the days

Do you remember as a child, the looooooong wait until something special. You'd nag your mom about how many more days until it was supposed to happen? Yep, she'd get tired of it, then bust out the scissors and a stapler and make a countdown chain. As a kid, mom normally made mine out of construction paper in a color scheme appropriate for the event - Christmas, the team colors, etc.

Well, I'm pretty excited about the Scrapbooksteals.com Crop in October. Right. October. So very far away! I know. But I had a little free time between loads of vacation laundry and set to work using papers that while pretty in this picture I'd never use on a layout about my guys (Princess!).


I had the Scientist help me string it up using holes already in our bedroom. And then I attached this sign to it:


All of the paper in the chain is from MME Lost and Found (I bought one of those HUGE paper packs before discovering Scrapbooksteals). Most of the other pink papers are various other MME collections, I do think a Fancy Pants scrap slipped into the mix too. The alphas are an assortment of PiggyTales Twinkle Twinkle, BasicGrey Oliver and some Target $1 bin. I don't remember where the brads came from, but I do remember they were one of my first SS steals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...