Saturday, July 21, 2012

Half way Challenge

Because this year is a leap year the exact half way through 2012 hit while we were on vacation - July 1st. Which is pretty much perfect for me since MME issued a challenge to scrap that halfway point in some way - the previous 6 months, the month, the day. I chose pictures of Squirrel enjoying the Seattle Aquarium on the first. This was definitely one of the highlights of vacation. He loved it and has asked several times for us to take him back!


As the starting point of my page I used the scrapbooksteals.com MWM sketch of the week, Pearl 2. I took it to the next level by expanding it out into a double page layout. Which is something I don't normally worry about doing, but when you have to get in all those vacation pics it is a handy trick and a good personal challenge. Nine pics on two pages is pretty good given how often I do a single picture per page. 

Paper, brads, jute and ribbon are all various MME collections: The Good Life, Lush, Laundry Line, Abbey Road, and Follow your Heart. The starfish border is from the Silhouette store. All the paper was inked with Distress Inks - Broken China and/or Walnut Stain. I also did a little machine stitching. Ribbon flowers were adhered using Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive and then have a Studio G glitter glue center.


Project Goal 100
To date: 17

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...