Friday, June 15, 2012

Authentique June Challenge: Proud Mom Moment

This sketch challenge made me pretty excited - I busted the Cameo out and cut my first doily! I adore doilies but have never made my own. Not so much love yesterday though. I just couldn't get the background to look like any of the inspirations and it was falling short for me. So I took the outside/waste part of the cut and framed the page instead. Awesome! Now I was ready to work.

I did a little fussy cutting and a lot of layering and inking on this one. The argyle 3D strip is actually three layers deep with thin foam dots. And those buttons? They were totally part of the waste from cutting the doily - I layered them up and then punched holes, threaded brown twine, added some foam tape between layers and then put Glossy Accents on them. I'm really proud of those buttons. I was even more excited when the cream "waste" from between the grey in the Argyle was a perfect spacer for the buttons. I think it looks awesome on top of the ruler paper and ties the two elements together.


Authentique product list:
Blissful Euphoria
Blissful Pleasant
Blissful Paradise
Classic Type #SCS004
Diction SMI004, SJO004

Other products:
ColorBox Chestnut Roan
Ranger Glossy Accents
WRMK brown floss

Totally excited that Scrapbooksteals just had Gathering on as a steal because my Blissful supply is looking a bit dismal. I need that paper to add to my inspiration for next month's sketch! Or to do a second entry for June. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...