Saturday, June 9, 2012

mirror mirror

A few weeks back I was at a thrift store and found a stack of mirrors for a song, so when The Paper Variety Challenge was to create something using paper other than a page or card I instantly turned to my new toys! They were begging to be used after all.

I started by cutting 12x12 sheets of MME Lost and Found (two colors, 16 triangles) into 6x6s and then triangles. Then I inked them all up and folded into ruffles and glued them to the back of the mirror. I used some scrap cardboard and cut a hangar groove out of the back and then Gorilla Glued the cardboard to the paper/mirror. When it was nice and dry I used hot glue and adhered two layers of ribbon to the beveled edge. Then I misted a too white Prima flower with my Wheat Field October Afternoon Sprinklers, layered all the flower pieces together with a MME Lush Orange brad and then hot glued them to the ribbon seam. 

close-up of the flower

Add caption


2 comments:

  1. Great mirror! Aren't altered items fun? Love the colors too. Thanks for linking up with TPV- Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Holly! Altering items is definitely a newish thing for me and therefore very intimidating - sort of how cutting the "good" paper or cropping a photo was in the beginning of scrapbooking. If that hobby is any indication, then it'll just come with time because all my paper is good paper now! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...