Saturday, June 23, 2012

MCM 89

I am becoming a card making fiend in an effort to stop filling up so many albums and still get my craft on. Side bonus, that box of cards for OWH is filling up! If only I could convince myself to make cards in multiples of the same it would be super full - no repeats yet. Can't seem to do it.

This week's MCM was inspired by the fabulous Kerys Sharrock. Every time she posts something on the Scrapbooksteals.com Facebook page I love it! Seriously. And I loved the sketch. Her task was to use a border punch and I substituted a strip of paper since I don't have any, but I think that the scrolling on it sort of makes the card have the same feel.


So really cool here for me are two new "toys"slash techniques. First, that blue strip on the top that was distressed? It also has Crackle Accents applied. And I thought Glossy Accents were cool! Eeek!!!!! So exciting. No words.

Okay, so second up, I bought a whole bunch of the dollar bin Studio G acid-free glitter glue (aka cheap Stickles) and then colored in the flower's center with them. The colors sort of blended together as they dried and look awesome. Then I applied the glue again to the "stripes" on the petals, let it sit for a bit and then scraped it off. The glues left nice coloring but not the glittery texture and dark color.

In addition to the previously mentioned products: card, flower, and paper strips are Paper Studios Affinity, word stickers are Authentique Gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...