Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Authentique June color inspiration challenge

I love a good challenge and I'm falling more and more in love with Authentique the more I work with their paper! So vibrant. So luxurious. So textured. *sigh*

Anyway, this month they reinstituted an inspiration color challenge, as I read the post I was struck at how their summery pictures/color palette reminded me of Gathering. 

I set to work using a recent sketch from Scrapbooksteals as a starting point. I really wanted to use the tag and the scalloped edge. I also knew that I am supposed to be not obsessing about leaving town for a few days so it was time to implement a new technique - that way card making would take longer. 

I chose to bust out my new Distress Inks. Fun! Though it did move the more summery colors of these pieces to a tad more fall. You live and learn...


This is what I came up with. The photo is really bad because of the lighting/web cam camera, sorry about that but vacation packing means the good camera and cord are already packed so I don't forget them! I did realize after editing the photo that the ink edging should be a little less uniform and I edged it into the inner part of the card a bit more - at least if it still looks funny it's for my mom and dad as a sort of thanks for taking care of the kids (they did a one kid at a time sleep over for the last week and a half which means life has been peaceful here!) and parents tend to just be glad their kids remembered their manners. Right?! ;) 

Authentique product list:
Blissful "Euphoria" 12x12
Gathering Tabloids
Gathering 6x6

Other products:
Paper Studio button brads
Walnut Stain Distress Ink
Stash white paper, cut and glued inside as a liner

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...