Sunday, June 10, 2012

zoo day


With the grandparents living in St. Louis there are many many (so many many) trips to the Magic House and the St. Louis zoo - and that means I always have tons of pictures from those weekend trips that need to get scrapped. Nothing makes that task easier than an awesome multi-picture sketch. This week's Scrapbooksteals.com Turquoise 6 was no exception - designed by guest sketcher Julie Koets this one really packed them in, especially when I cropped two of the picture spots into two extras! Awesome.

I also packed a little extra something into this one - the challenge over at the Paper Girls Challenge Blog was to use Subway Art in a project. Subway Art being a body of text arranged horizontally and vertically in an assortment of fonts.

Well, in place of journaling I "Subway Arted." I laid out the text in the Silhouette software and just wrote the words with the sketch pens, easy peasy. I like that the format allowed me to include key words but made the page just a little different than what I'd normally do.

MME Good Day Sunshine paper and embellishments
Paper Studio blue cardstock
MME Laundry Line and Lost and Found ribbons and twine
Buttons, stash
MME Abbey Road brad
Sew Easy Stamper
Color Box Chestnut Roan inking
Overall I'm fairly happy with this one. If you were going to change mine up a little, what would you include?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...