Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Turquoise 8 - I Da Man

I love when an experiment turns out even better than I'd hoped. Having never used a mask for mists before I wasn't certain what spraying through a 12x12 Doily would look like but the depth it added to otherwise boring cardstock is fabulous! I'm so gonna have to do that again. 

I'd actually misted this pink for another project and had done to many pages so this piece was scrap and hanging out on the desk when Scrapbooksteals posted their Turquoise 8 sketch. Kristy had done an awesome job with the sketch and had even done a page about her recent adventure into the 40s. Given how much time I spend scrapping two adorable little guys I've tried to follow her lead and when she scraps about herself, I find something quirky about myself to share too. 

In this week's case we have "I Da Man" -- a page about my high school drama experience playing a dude. I'm not entirely sold on the title's appearance, but it did allow me to use several stashed letters! YES! I wanted to contrast my dude-ness with a very feminine page, so there's lots of pink and lots of flowers. 

Misted Doily was Basic Grey
Paper Studios cardstock and Affinity printed papers
Authentique die cuts
Prima Say it In Crystals - female silhouette and photo corners
Pedoodles flowers
buttons stash
MME ribbon
Target pink alphas
BasicGrey Oliver Alphas
ColorBox Chestnut Roan
Studio G Brown glitter glue

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...